Translate

venerdì 11 giugno 2010

Facebook wing - weekly report #23-2010

Empathy is definitely my approach 2 life. First, I feel it as something spontaneous, that comes from both my personality, my passion 4 cultures, history, and my experience in life. Seriously, I’ve 2 spend few efforts 2 feel in my neighbour’s shoes. But I admit that’s generally not an easy way, neither a simple one. Empathy isn’t a mere imitating, it’s not about just acting like a mirror, it’s something deeper and keener; empathy is a way 2 understand before taking decisions. It’s a way 2 take wiser decisions, sometimes 2 prevent or solve conflicts, much more than a prompter affirmative attitude, I guess. I can’t claim it’s a kind of panacea, it can work in any case. There are guys or situations I hardly empathize with. But it’s worth trying anyway, even 4 our own interest.
On the contrary, should you succeed in sharing a sport-like, common values background, empathy can really help 2 face many different issues. That’s my feeling, anyway, and I’ve appreciated a lot meeting myself very frequently, while surfing around this week.
Last week-end, I’ve attended ceremonies 4 the commemoration of the heroic Midway Battle in the Pacific and the end of WWII in Europe. I’ve shared not only a mere hope that one was the last war the world had ever 2 experience; I’ve shared a more challenging wish and commitment that we all, as one humanity, stay on the same side, everyone of us shoulder by shoulder, 4 current and incoming global conflicts, against climate change, hunger and selfish, unsustainable development.
On Monday evening, I empathised with folks at Time Squares (NY), participating in a great event focused on mixed food tastes… with a bit of envy -in that case the empathizing tool doesn’t go far enough… there is still something 2 improve…
This week I was more focused on paperwork than the past ones, but I didn’t forget 2 improve, refresh my math and science background. Fortunately, I found a nice book in my library I read when I was at junior high. It’s about economy, it deals with energy. More or less, it’s said there God has given mankind many gifts: sun, earth, wind, water, feelings and intelligence, and oil. Some of them are provided in an unlimited quantity, others are offered 2 us in a limited amount; some are easy 2 find but difficult 2 exploit, 4 others, it’s the viceversa. I can’t say if these inner qualities are there 2 tell, teach us something; it’s a fact they are, and probably we have 2 consider this more wisely. To make it clear, I’m not talking about any specific spill or a far-off short-sighted energy policy, management…
Yesterday, I shared my appreciation for Californians’ endorsement and adoption of Proposition 14, aiming 2 support more open, straight and productive competition in elections. I support that new “top 2” system, I think it can contribute 2 fix government, and I hope it spreads around 2 help making politics more decisive and closer to 21st century society feels and needs.
Then, I attended the wonderful concert in the Soweto, kicking-off 2010 FIFA World Cup. It was an amazing, stirring event. My twitter storm was very intense, and a bit more fluent than the astonishing one I shared at recent Apple presentation of iPhone4, in San Francisco. When music joins sport many dimensions of our soul feel excited, and since this usually happens 4 having fun and making something good, this probably means we've more good inside we’re often capable of, without these happenings; and this is another thing we should consider wisely.
Well, in the end, should Mr. Mandela be here at the stadium today, and that damn spill be over, I could say this was a positive week…
Yours,
Massimiliano

p.s. sorry 4 publishing today with a bit of delay, I’m somewhere in the South, and meanwhile nosing around what’s competitors are doing…

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento